Forum Home Forum Home > Freshlinks.net Forums > Video Game forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat game system?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamer969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2004 at 6:30pm
PS2 forever man. get THUG for XBOX and you can't send in yur face. Get THUG for PS2 and you get to send in yur face!
Sponsored Links

Targa5150 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targa5150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2004 at 10:30pm

PS2 for sure... Xbox may have better grafix, but not much in game selection.

Alan

Ride Safe, Ride Free!
Southern California
Previous peds:
'80 Puch Newport II (used)
'92 Tomos G.Bullet TTLX (new)
'00 Tomos Targa LX (new)
Now:
'05 Yellow Targa LX (45mph)
~Tim View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2004 at 10:06pm

LOL, wow, this discussion is old! Anyways, I ended up with 2 PS2s for christmas (one for the main TV, and one for whomever wants to use it in their room, or for the RV), and I just traded in loads of old N64 games for a gamecube like 3 days ago (went 20 miles to the mall on my "Moped", that was fun!).

PS2 kicks ass! It's hands down the second best system I've ever seen (Dreamcast being the first).

Gamecube may not play DVDs, and CDs and all that good stuff, BUT it has a faster CPU than PS2 (ibm 400Mhz Vs. 300Mhz), and an ATI rage pro 128 AGP in it. I thought they sucked balls when they first came out, but I got like 40 N64 games from this kid I know for a siezed up GoPed, and I didn't want most of them, and they got the price of the GC down to $4.89, and I fugured I couldn't go wrong there, so I got the Limited edition Platnium one. Gmaecube is worth it.

One system that people (very sadly) have let go of is the Sega Dreamcast, that thing kicks PS2's ass! Again, no DVDs, but it will play VCDs, and MP3 discs with a special swap CD, it has a 128 bit CPU, like Xbox, PS2, and GC, and it has 3 other CPUs in it, one is the sound chip, which in itself has more power than the PS1! If they were still making DC games, I wouldn't own a PS2. Dreamcast is now $14.99 used at any EB games, get it while you can, they will be worth somthing some day, I have 6 of them. Hey, try to find a NON HACKER BUILT (not that hackers are bad) PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox web browser, you can't, dreamcast is the only one that will let you dial up (or connect via LAN) and browse away, just like on a PC, without the viruses. 

Edited by ~Tim
~Tim View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2004 at 10:09pm
Oh, Xbox VS PS2 graphics: they're BOTH 128 bit, same as GC and Dreamcast. There is NO difference.
ApolloEIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ApolloEIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2004 at 10:48pm

This is a can of worms. I don't want to argue, but if GC, PS2 and Xbox graphics are all the same, then why did Ubi Soft have to make Splinter Cell a completely different game on each system? If you compare the versions, the Xbox one is FAR superior based on just visuals alone (although the other versions have some great exclusive stuff, like GC's connectivity with the GBA). And I still haven't seen a game on PS2 or GC that looks as good as Chronicles of Riddick, Halo or Full Spectrum Warrior. I seriously don't think the other systems can handle that stuff.

I'm new, so hopefully you don't slam me for disagreeing with you on that! I'm just here to talk!

Apollo Lounge
EIC
www.apollolounge.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic