Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Any sport not in the category list
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMixed Martial Arts Fighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2007 at 12:41pm
Season 3 had some really good fighters on it. Keep an eye on Michael Bisping and Kendell Grove, they're both making a pretty big impact.

Season 4 was a competition of UFC veterans that have fallen off the map with a couple of losses in a row. The winner of the competition in the Middleweight and Welterweight classes got a title shot. I thought this was pretty stupid myself that the guys would get killed in the title matches. Also that most of these guys have to beat the best competition to get a title shot but these guys had to beat someone else that had fallen off the map and suddenly got a title shot.

My prediction was true in the first title fight between Anderson Silva and the TUF 4 middleweight winner Travis Lutter. Silva demolished him in the second round to win by submission.

But low and behold just last night in Houston Texas TUF 4 welterweight winner Matt Serra was about a 250 to 1 underdog against Georges St. Pierre and completely destroyed him in like 2 or 3 minutes in the first round. St. Pierre was the better more experienced fighter but it just wasn't his night.

I couldn't believe it when I got up this morning and saw that Matt Serra beat St. Pierre. I'm still having trouble seeing it on the website.

Oh yeah, and TUF 5 started last thursday night and continues every thursday for I think about 14 weeks.

"The choice is Yours"--Velocity
Sponsored Links

GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2007 at 12:01pm
Hey Bub
Do you actually practice any of this stuff yourself?? My buddy I visited in the bay area is learning this fight, and I was thinking I might do the same! It'd be fun to elbow somebodies head right off his shoulders, lol.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2007 at 10:06am
No, I know a guy who has actually had 22 MMA fights and he did very well. He's won the MMA Tournament at the Arnold Fitness Expo in Columbus Ohio. I keep telling him to try out for the reality show but he keeps saying that he's too old for it.

Anyway, I started watching this when I was about 10 my family had one of those huge bulky Satellite dishes that they have to put in concrete in your back yard, I just happened to find it on one of the crazy sports channels and I got hooked. At that time there were no weight classes and it was bare knuckle. The only two rules were no eye gouging, and no biting. I love watching it now but back then it was just plain brutal.
bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2007 at 7:27pm
Saturday September 8th, is gonna be a great night for MMA, I know I've said this before but there's a hell of a main event, a huge reality show grudge match, and a couple of kick boxing fighters(they always have fun matches to watch).

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
Quentin "Rampage" Jackson vs.
Pride Light Heavyweight Champion
"Hollywood" Dan Henderson

Matt Hamill vs. Michael Bisping
Mirko Cro Crop vs. Cheik Kongo

Hamill vs. Bisping started in the TUF 3 reality show. They should've been the final and Hamill got hurt and couldn't continue. Now Hamill doesn't have any respect for Bisping because he doesn't think he really won the competition, and Bisping has no respect for Hamill because he thinks he's a crybaby. This should be a wonderful fight and I can't wait to see it. It would be the fight I really wanted to see if it wasn't for Rampage vs. Hollywood to unify the pride and UFC light heavyweight titles.

This is gonna be a great night to watch. Anyone who has thought about watching but hasn't, this is the time to watch. Its gonna be a great fight and its free. Man I feel like the commercial. I just think it'll be great to have someone to talk to about all of this.

Later all.
bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2007 at 6:20pm
Man, I just got done watching UFC 75. There were some disappointments and some controversy, but the main event truly lived up to its billing.

Quentin "Rampage" Jackson def. "Hollywood" Dan Henderson in a 5 round war that in my mind was won in the final round.

Cheik Kongo def. Mirko Cro Cop in the biggest upset of the night. Cro Cop just looks like he's tentative fighting in the UFC.

Michael Bisping def. Matt Hamill by split decision and I truly think that Hamill won this fight. The first round was dominated by Hamill and although the second round was much better it still looked like Hamill won that round. Bisping was dominating the first part of the third round when Hamill started taking him down and trying to keep him there. The third round ended a lot closer than it started, but as bad as I hate to say it I think Hamill won this fight.

There was a good knockout in the first fight and the second fight showed a fantastic submission.

If you missed this night you missed a great night of fighting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic