Forum Home Forum Home > Sports > Any sport not in the category list
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMixed Martial Arts Fighting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2007 at 12:05pm
UFC 76: Chuck Liddell lost his second fight in a row, this time to Keith Jardine in Split Decision...
Diego Sanchez is fighting top level fighters and lost his second fight in a row, this one to Jon Fitch. Maybe there are people that I haven't heard of beating people that I thought were top of their division. It's getting really interesting....
"The choice is Yours"--Velocity
Sponsored Links

bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 12:50pm
I'm gonna try this again simply because there is a great fight coming up this weekend.....

UFC 86 is Saturday June 5.

Light Heavyweight Championship
Quentin "Rampage" Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin

Middleweight fight
Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeda

Welterweight fight
Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Lytle

This is just three of the fights, but if you're a fight fan you may very well get excited with these three.

I personally think the title fight between Jackson and Griffin is gonna be absolutely wonderful. Forrest Griffin is a huge up and coming fighter who just upset who many people thought was the best light heavyweight in the world Shogun Rua. Griffin doesn't even get into a fight until he starts bleeding, but when it happens a switch seems to flip in him and he just goes into a different gear. Rampage in my mind may be a little overrated and his fighting style hasn't really been that exciting since he started in the UFC, but he's very capable of knocking someone's tattoo off.

Patrick Cote was pretty much forgotten when from out of nowhere he has now won 4 fights in a row with a huge knockout of Drew McFedries in his last fight.

Josh Koscheck is cocky and I can't stand to hear him talk, but he's a hell of a fighter with great takedowns. I'd love to see Chris Lytle beat him with a submission off his back, but I doubt it'll happen.
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2008 at 10:11am
I'll say one thing Bub...you are true to your colors!!
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 4:41am
Yeah well, it may be pathetic that I talk to myself on these forums, but I really love this sport and I keep thinkin' maybe someone who likes it and wants to talk about it will register and I want to keep things at least a little updated.
bubcar View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2008 at 8:09pm
I am a little late, but it's worth saying....

Forrest Griffin defeated Quentin "Rampage" Jackson for the Light Heavyweight Title.

Wonderful fight...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic