Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Anne Rice forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHorror/NonHorror

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Do you prefer Rice's Horror novels or Non-horror novels?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [40.00%]
3 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horror/NonHorror
    Posted: August/06/2007 at 5:08am
I enjoy the vampire chronicles and such, but her non-horror work--Cry to Heaven, Feast of All Saints, Belinda, Exit to Eden, the Sleeping Beauty books--are truly exceptional. Even her latest Christ the Lord book was better than any of the horror novels she has written in recent memory.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 8:33am
Hard one, Belinda was one of my favorites, and i got in serious trouble for reading The sleeping beauty books
In a pinch, id have to say the non-horror, Belinda & Christ the Lord were excellent Read's
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 4:18pm
I enjoyed Belinda too, although it was ages ago that I read it. Christ the Lord I liked much more than I ever expected. Have you read Cry to Heaven, Feast of All Saints, or Exit to Eden?
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
MONSTER View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Aye Viene El Monstruo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MONSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 5:14pm
Not exit to eden, loved Feast thow, Rice can be so damn descriptive, i got lost a couple times, totaly zoned out on the read
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right." Isaac Asimov
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2007 at 6:57pm
I liked Feast a lot, but I LOVED Cry to Heaven. There is a lot of gay stuff in it though(actually bisexual stuff technically), so it may put some readers off, but I thought it was her best novel. Exit to Eden was okay, but Belinda was better, her own little take on Lolita.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic