Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > James Patterson forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs James Patterson a Good Writer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Is James Patterson a Good Writer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [55.56%]
4 [44.44%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2007 at 9:51am
He has every right to pimp out his name like that; it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, no matter how honest he is about it.

And like I've said, I understand why people like him, I really do, it just isn't for me.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2007 at 5:14pm
I once read somewhere that Patterson should really be considered a publisher, and not an author. He has his "brand" name, and he pays writers a good salary to write in that style.   And I think if you look at it that way, you can respect him.
"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems.” Dean Koontz

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2007 at 2:53am
You could respect him as a business man, but to me writing is also an art, and as an artist I cannot respect him.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Akirayuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akirayuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2007 at 1:11pm
He is a good story teller, but he can't write very well. I find his use of language juvenile and lazy. But he can create some decent characters. I guess I can use the example of the attractive but idiotic person, they are much prettier when they don't talk. That's kinda what I feel like reading his books.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic