Forum Home Forum Home > TV/Movie/music Forums > Buffy the Vampire Slayer forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuffy Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buffy Books
    Posted: October/02/2007 at 7:45pm
Anyone on here ever read any of those Buffy books? I picked up a few from the used bookstore right after the show was cancelled because I missed it so much. I read one, Sins of the Father, and just found it a surreal experience. I didn't care for it really, the author was trying too hard to make the characters "sound" right and it felt forced. I am actually ready Paleo now, and find this one even worse in regards to that. Despite this, I did just order one online, Power of Persuasion, because it was written by Elizabeth Massie, author of the brilliant novel Sin Eater.

You know, I actually did enjoy those Tales of the Slayers collections, maybe because they weren't for the most part about characters from the TV show, but character the authors themselves had created that added to and deepened the mythology of the show.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

DannX68 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannX68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 11:06am
Can't you read the Dark Willow trilogy and tell me if it's any good? :D
Slightly worn, but dignified, and not too old for sex
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2007 at 12:16pm
I don't own that one, I did just finish Paleo, and despite some good action sequences at the end, it was pretty bad. Spent way too much time in Oz's head telling me waht he was thinking, which the beauty of that character is you never really know what goes on in his head. And Xander was the worst written, they tried so hard to capture his quirky jokes but it never felt like it was in his "voice." I will read Power of Persuasion just because I like Elizabeth Massie adn want to see what it's like.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic