Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPillars of the Earth: Part 6 - End (Spoilers)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2007 at 7:27am
True...True...now where did that Jen run off to???
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Sponsored Links

sumfamousperson View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumfamousperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by pattirose pattirose wrote:

Sure could, but it would probably be just you and me kid!

I've asked for it for Christmas. I'll join in!
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 2:36pm
I've already picked up the next one, but need a break from the time period for a bit. So you can definately count me in when the time comes for that read.

One thing I noticed was that in the end the only person whom I saw fit to be punished was Alfred, he was totally rotten. I can't quite feel the same about William for his parents were horrid to begin with, especially Regan.

I felt sad for Thomas being slain, but he became a saint. I liked how Sally went off with a boy she liked. It all seemed to come together well, I really enjoyed it...Philip was definately my favorite character.
sumfamousperson View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumfamousperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2007 at 3:39pm
This was a brilliant book :)

I'm reading the Canterbury tales for one of my classes, and an intro by some proffesor talks about the murder of Thomas Becket... I was like, "That was in the book I just read...I never knew that really happend! Crazy..."
kauldron26 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kauldron26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2007 at 1:48am
yo how am i just discovering there's a book club thing on here?? lol here i was thinking i was the only one. well i posted my thoughts on the other authors place. incredible book. Jack and Aliena are one of my favorite couples of all time. they made this book for me.   to think Aliena thought she couldnt love Jack and then she literally is travelling Europe for a year with a baby to find the love of her life... it just doesnt get better than that. i have listened to those select scenes over and over and over and over again. their love was simply profound.

i know martha ended up having a family and kids but did we ever find out who? any details? i dont remember.
Favorite Koontz: FTCOHE

Reading all works by:
James Clavell and James Michener

Check out My Library
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic