Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHi guys...here to talk about Ketchum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi guys...here to talk about Ketchum
    Posted: December/31/2007 at 7:38am
I was on another defunct Koontz board and got sad I couldn't post any longer so some may recognize me (Hi Gem!) Ok I was turned on to McCammon and read a bunch of his stuff but them was told about Jack Ketchum and I must say he is pretty graphic, especially the sex stuff, but I love him too. I have a hard time finding a lot through the library so I may have to buy a few used copies. I have read: Red, Girl Next Door, Hide and Seek, Offspring, The Lost, Off Season.

I LOVE McCammon but I don't know which one to read next of his...after Swan Song and boys Life...what can top those? I don't want to read a so-so book by him and be like what a waste, you know? I read Boys Life, Swan Song, Mine and Stinger. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links

breezit View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 8:16am
ariandme, what's the best Ketchum novel after Girl Next Dorr and Off Season? Those are the only two of his that I have read.
christophersnow View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
"Snowballman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophersnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 9:35am
Speaks the Nightbird is the best McCammon book, so you may want to check that one out. You can't go wrong with Usher's Passing either.

I think I've given up on that Koontzmania forum. I haven't been able to get on the last three months.
"It had to be said. The world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrificing." - Howard Roark
Dean Koontz= Always working!
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 9:45am
Of Ketchum, I've only read The Girl Next Door, but I thought it was exceptional. It was painful to read, not something I'd reread just for pleasure, but the characters were real and 3 dimensional, I was totally invested in the story, and his storyteller power was amazing.

I would recommend Nightbird and its sequel Queen of the Damned by McCammon for sure, also Wolf's Hour is a very entertaining historical werewolf story.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
ariandme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ariandme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2007 at 2:10pm
Breezit read Offspring...the sequel to Off Season. Ladies Night is supposed to be a very graphic one by Ketchum and Right to Life. Girl Next Door was made into a movie...it went to DVD I believe, never in theatres.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic