Forum LockedENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ENDER'S GAME by Orson Scott Card
    Posted: February/14/2009 at 3:43pm
SURE!! I'd love to - I may even have that book, I have to go look.
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
Sponsored Links

GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2009 at 6:28am
I borrowed the book Xenocide (Ender #3) and hope we can agree to use it as a group greed read, perhaps April??
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 8:50am
Originally posted by GeneB GeneB wrote:

I am 1/3 of the way into 'Speaker...' and I must say that it is alot better than '...Game' but I guess thats just me.

I finished Speaker For The Dead the other day and liked Ender's Game alot more. It was very good mind you, just not "perfect" like Ender's Game. I gave it a 8/10 - mainly because all the Portuguese stuff didn't interest me in the least, but it does get interesting eventually.

I'm happy you like it GeneB - maybe we'll get you to read Fantasy one day .....
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 6:07am
Gene I almost started Speaker, but set it aside. What's it like, is there a lot more characters? I think Patti might be reading it too.

In the end of Enders's Game...SPOILER ALERT!!!

.....I thought it was cool how the buggers had made the hill with the dead giant and the tower so Ender would find the egg. Pretty wild how what he and his crew thought was simulation was the actual war, that blew me away.
GeneB View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 6:01am
I am 1/3 of the way into 'Speaker...' and I must say that it is alot better than '...Game' but I guess thats just me.
Ask me about DEAN KOONTZ Forum T-shirts. Cool.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic