Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Anne Rice forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Series
    Posted: May/30/2009 at 12:22am
I think most of us know that Anne Rice returned to her Christian faith and decided to only write religious themed books from now on. She started with her Christ the Lord series, which details Jesus life from a young boy and will take him up through the end of his life. She has written the first two books of that series, and I thought she was kind of crazy w hen she did made that choice, but I read the two CHrist the Lord books and found them to be the best things s he'd written in well over a decade. Her writing had become stale, by the numbers, and she was basically telling the same story over and over. But such a radical change of subject matter seemed to revive her writing and I was impressed by the prose and characterization.

Now she's about to start a new Christian thriller series called Songs of the Seraphim, the first book of which Angel Time will be out in October of this year. You can read a description at http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl/9781400043538.html.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
Sponsored Links

dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2009 at 12:56pm
I'm looking forward to reading Angel Time. I've only read her 2 Christ the Lord books. Those are fiction but not really since they follow the bible stories. I mean I know the story. Angel Time will be my first real Rice fiction. It sounds good. However, when I clicked on the excerpt of the book at Random House, it had the first page of book 1 of the Christ series. That's misleading. I wonder why they did that?

I was sure the 3rd book of the Christ series would be out soon. I can't find anything on it except she's taking her time since it's about his ministry on the road to Jerusalem.
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2009 at 12:02am
A lot of the Christ the Lord books are fiction since the first two dealt with the time period in Jesus' life that was not detailed in the Bible so she made it up. I thought tha twas more interesting, now that she has hit the part that follows Bible stories again, I think it won't be as itneresting.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2009 at 3:40am
Yes, I understand that fictional part, I was mainly addressing the plot aspect. I pretty much know what's going to happen. She includes some scenes that are unique to the Catholics but not included amoung Protestants. I'm thinking she will still add some good fiction that's in the spirit of her Catholic faith and Christ's character. The story of Yeshua and Avigail was one from the 2nd book that I loved because it addresses issues that a brought up in discussions but not mentioned in the bible. This addressed his sexual desires and role as a husband that is debated. I'm hoping she'll do the same with the future books and insert her vision of what might have been even though she will still be following the bible story. Did you read that she said she will be following the bible stories more closely and inserting less of her ideas in the 3rd book?

I'm taking that Angel Time will be provocative and that she has mainly changed her world view up a little to be in accordance with her Catholic faith. Her site says that now "her sinners vie for redemption." I'm interpreting that her Angels will have a dark side in Angel Time too. I haven't read her earlier works. What did her sinners vie for in her earlier works?
I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 4:29am
Angel Time comes out October 27, 2009!

Anyone planning on checking it out? I am. It will be my first time to read an Anne Rice "regular" fiction book (I've only read the 2 Christ books).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic