Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Anne Rice forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 8:19pm
Anne Rice has 2 hardback novels due out in 2010:

The Dybbuk, December 2010

World Enough and Time, October 2010 (book 2 of Songs of the Seraphim)

She said that her 3rd Christ book may not come out until 2012...she says it's more complex to write and presents more difficulties than the first 2. She stated, "It may turn out that my particular fictional approach is not appropriate for the years of Our Lord's public ministry."

I had to look up the definition of dybbuk. In Jewish folklore, a dybbuk is the wandering soul of a dead person that enters the body of a living person and controls his or her behavior.

I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

Sponsored Links

brotheroddkins View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brotheroddkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2010 at 11:46pm
So she's exploring Judaism again, like in Servant of the Bones. I think that is interesting.   

I think it is very hard to do fiction about Jesus. You will always offend someone. But I read the first Christ the Lord book and thought it was very interesting and I'm not even a Christian.
Reading: The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan & Urban Gothic by Brian Keene

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2010 at 1:30pm
I loved the first two Christ books, but I admit, the end of the second when she started actually telling tales from the Bible was less interesting.
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
dnurse64 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnurse64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 2:57am
I just saw this FE, it came out July 30, 2010 though. I thought you might be interested and I was wondering how it will affect her writing.

Anne Rice leaves Christianity

Legendary author Anne Rice has announced that she’s quitting Christianity.

The “Interview with a Vampire” author, who wrote a book about her spirituality titled "Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession" in 2008, said Wednesday that she refuses to be “anti-gay,” “anti-feminist," “anti-science” and “anti-Democrat.”

Rice wrote, “For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian ... It's simply impossible for me to ‘belong’ to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.”

Rice then added another post explaining her decision on Thursday:

“My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me," Rice wrote. "But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been or might become."

I'm inclined to believe in parallel worlds filled with dark bound Snow and Odd adventures.

FinalExam View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinalExam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2010 at 12:20am
Yeah, I've heard all about it and I agree with it. The modern Church seems to be very far from Christ's teachings, more a business and political organization. Reminds me of something I read: "I have no problem with God...it's his fan club I can't stand."
We are not strangers to ourselves, we only try to be. --Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic