Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > The Book Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMINOTAUR - John Farris

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MINOTAUR - John Farris
    Posted: October/21/2009 at 8:33pm
This is the second book selected for the October Bookclub Read. We have already picked 2 of his books for past reads, Phantom Nights, which was fabulous and Nightfall, which wasn't. I'm curious as to where this one will fall and if it's a hit or miss.

Here is the info from Fantastic Fiction:

Minotaur is a nighmare horror, toppling dynasties and killing kingmakers in an orgy of revenge. Its most sought after prize will soon be at hand, a beautiful heiress. Now only Blaize Ellington stands between the world and everlasting night.
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
Sponsored Links

Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 12:52pm
I wonder where Minotaur will fall too. I've read a few others by Farris, Son of the Endless Night was amazing and The Uninvited which was ok.

Just gotta finish Night Life.
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 3:43pm
Sorry Belladonna, but I needed something light to read on the bus for my commute, so I started it today. I am reading very slowly though, I haven't even finished the first chapter yet.

I love it so far, it's set in France and so far lots of horse stuff, which is interesting and different.
"Where there is cake, there is hope. And there is always cake" - Life Expectancy
pattirose View Drop Down
Guru
Guru
Canadian Wildwoman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattirose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2009 at 6:44pm
I am on page 50 now and I'll put it down and wait for you to catch up. It's good, so far each chapter is set in a different country, Japan, Greece, Puerto Rico.

Belladonna View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2009 at 10:08am
I'm set to go, thanks for waiting for me. I'm starting now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic