Forum Home Forum Home > Moped2.org Forums > Moped Technical Assistance Center
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1978 TRIKE MOPED MOTORI MINARELLI PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHRISTOPHER S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 TRIKE MOPED MOTORI MINARELLI PLEASE
    Posted: December/11/2003 at 9:48am

I acquired an 1978 trike moped with motori minarelli engine on it label on bike says manufactured by moto b.m. the speedom. says 400miles i have cleaned the carb.{deltoro}i think i have the right spark plug not exactly sure original plug lost i'm using bosch w8ac i have tryed doing a little research and the motor is a motori minarelli v1 i have been following freds guid to fix it but i just can not get it started and im peddaling my legs off fuel flow is good.i have yet to clean ignition points but lights and horn work fine?compression is good.got orange spark from plug. it has a gas tank and where the right pedal is it has a red plastic screw that says motor oil so im not exactly sure if its a two stroke or what?i need some info please. any suggestions? should i mix gas and oil in gas tank? all i whant to do is get this thing running.any info would be appreciated Thank You

Sponsored Links

don-ohio View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don-ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2003 at 11:22pm

Red plug takes 20 weight or 30 weight Non-Detergent motor oil.

You MUST clean and re-gap the points. Do it. don-ohio 

don-ohio View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don-ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2003 at 11:25pm
  Oh.......and only fill tranny to level of check screw in the side cover of tranny. And yes.....mix 4 oz. of good quality 2-stroke oil into each gallon of gas. I think you have either a bad spark plug or bad points contact.  don-ohio 
Paul View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2003 at 1:00pm
chris, listen to the man, he's good with those motori minarelli engines

Edited by Paul
Put a fairing on and maybe a set of leather saddle bags and you'll say "Life is hard but it's good".
paul passed away on 7-16-2005. may god rest his soul.
paul puccio 7-16-67 to 7-16-05

don-ohio View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote don-ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2003 at 7:08pm

Thanks,Paul!

Chris.....you have a GREAT,dependable engine there. When you get it running, if you put an inline see-thru paper filter on the fuel line it will probably never quit on you.

Handy Bikes and Mopedwarehouse and Akron Moped have everything you'd ever need for that engine.

I'd kit that baby with the 75cc kit from MWH for extra power.  don-ohio 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic