Forum Home Forum Home > Moped2.org Forums > Mopeds/Parts Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFound in woods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob3good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found in woods
    Posted: February/24/2017 at 7:14am
Is this forum still alive?  My wife found her old Puch (sears) moped in the woods after 30 years. It's rough to say the best. Don't know anything about it, them. Have model number, 810.94383, and what appears to be a serial number, 7934333.  Looking for any input.
Thanks for your time.  Rob
Sponsored Links

donp View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Master Regional Rider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2017 at 5:50am
sorry rob, but this forum seems to have died years ago. I still check it every day to keep the spammers out of it just in case it bounces back to life one day.
anyway, your puch came with one of two engines. the e50, which is a single speed model, or the za50 which is a 2 speed model. if the bike had been left sitting in the woods for 30 years, I;m sure it has tons of water damage every where. look in the gas tank first to see how rotten it is. if it's rusted out, the bike is probably scrap since the tank is usually a part of the frame on most mopeds. things like cables can be found on e-bay, or web sites such as mopedjunkyard.com. youre also going to want to tear the carb apart and check it for water damage, and see if the engine turns over freely.
basically you will probably need to do a complete tear down of every part and rebuild it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic