Forum Home Forum Home > Writer/Book Forums > Dean Koontz book reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMr. Murder, 1993

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2006 at 6:25pm
I thought Mr. Murder was very good. I was so mad at the police detective that wouldnt by Marty's story. I thought that whole conversation between the detective Marty and Paige was great writing, even for as great a writer as Koontz. I think it was a clever idea to write about a writer and the whole tie in with People Magazine nicknaming Marty, Mr. Murder, and it hitting the shelves the same day as Alphie arrived at his house. I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Top 10:
1.Odd Thomas 2.Life Expectancy 3.Dark Rivers of the Heart 4.From the Corner of His Eye 5.Watchers 6.The Face 7.Forever Odd 8.Night Chills 9.Intensity 10.Velocity
Sponsored Links

Blazingice0608 View Drop Down
Guru
Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blazingice0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2008 at 10:40am
I loved this book, i think it might be my favorate thus far, which is only out of maybe 7 or 8 books i think, lol. I loved the scene with the detictive interrogating them, as well as when Alfie took the kids, and of course the thrilling ending that it packed. The Stillwater family itself really got me into the book and got me hooked, i just really fell in love with the whole family.

I too really liked how it went from Alfie's perspective and gave you a deep understanding of how he operated, although he really made me angry, i was happy about all of his suffering and very glad when he died. I basically loved every character in the book, including his handlers, i thought it was very fitting when Clocker betrayed Oslett, really put a nice icing on the cake for me. Overall i loved the book as i usually do with DK, but in this books case, i really dont have much to complain about, i think its pretty underrated and as i said before, is my favorate one so far.
Dirtyj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtyj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2008 at 9:44am
This was the 4th Koontz for me. Decent book overall. It was great up untill after Alfie almost gets away with the kids in the car. Talk about suspenseful. However after that, I found the moments with Oslet and Klocker to be the best readings. Being inside Alfie's mind made you highly anticipate the thing's death and failure in accomplishing his f'd up goals for the children and Paige. That being said, its a somewhat mediocre reading from cover to cover compared to False Memory,(my fav thus far) and Velocity. But its clearly above One Door Away from Heaven (which I think most of his books will be).
ChrisCarrion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisCarrion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2011 at 9:55pm
I didn't think I was going to like this book but once again I was proved wrong.
Your Only Young Once But Immature Forever.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic