Forum Home Forum Home > Personal-Freedom.org Forums > Supernatural, Paranormal & Ghosts Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnimals and Ghosts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemtaur80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Animals and Ghosts
    Posted: February/16/2004 at 12:20pm
Dogs and other animals can often perceive things humans can't. One night five years or so ago I was home alone with just my three dogs. I had just come into my bedroom and sat on my bed to read. My three dogs followed me back there and all of them started staring at a point behind and above me on the wall. One of them was slighting growling the other two were just kind of staring intently. I always wonder if they were seeing some type of apparition.
Sponsored Links

Strongbad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strongbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2004 at 12:16pm

yeah they probably sense them.

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.

The important thing is this: To be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.
Dave Phillips View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Phillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2004 at 9:47am
Howdy Gemtaur:
Didn't think I'd run into you here.
I don't believe in ghosts, as an atheist it's strictly against my religion and, yes, animals can see 'em if they exist.
When I was a kid 12 or so, I had a dog by name of Major, a black Lab, super intelligent but no Orson or Einstein. We lived near Hever Castle in Kent, St Margarets' Church 13th century and largely original is on the property, the most recent grave is late 18th century. It is a beautiful spot.
Anyway, Major wouldn't, under any circumstances, enter the grounds through the Lych gate; he'd always go round the long way and through the hedge. The only time he ever tried to bite me was when my friend Bruce and I tried to carry him through the gate so we had to let him go. We made enquiries; in those days we had much more open minds and would believe almost anything.
We learned that from medieval times into the early 19th century a bear pit stood where the existing Lych gate is and that supposedly one could see the ghost of a bear in the gateway. So we spent every spare evening haunting the churchyard with no success. We finally decided to camp there for as many nights as necessary until we saw something or got caught.
We sneeked a tent and sleeping bags up there after dark also a shotgun and a .22 rifle (for all the effect they'd have on a ghost). Several nights passed and nothing happened until I woke in the small hours because something had brushed by the tent. I woke Bruce and we popped our heads outside, it was July but freezing. We looked towards the gate but it was too dark to see much, a tractor came by up Hever Road and in the headlights we saw an amorphous shape right inside the gateway. It was very big and, to us, bearlike. We didn't wait for more. We took off like bats out of hell and ran, the long way round, to home across the fields. We hadn't noticed during our scare but the dogs in the cottages opposite the Henry VIII pub were howling and barking and the air away from the gate was warm as you'd expect in July. That's it.
I don't believe in 'em but that isn't the only (true) story involving Major and two other weird things that have happened but I've never been able to tell those because I was on active duty and the Official Secrets Act wouldn't allow it, in fact the M.O.D. did a really good cover job on one; I'm even prohibited from publishing my memoirs. I'll get in touch with my Unit and see if something can be done. They can probably lean on the M.O.D. a bit, it was a long time ago.
The game you and your boyfriend have sounds good, I've mentioned it to my "rugrat" and he approves. I don't do games.
Best wishes, Dave.

Dave Phillips.
GypsyRayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GypsyRayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2004 at 8:03pm
Hi Dave,
Cool story, I think you should go to www.shadowland.com and put your story on there. It's a pretty cool site if you like ghost stories that are supposed to be true. Thanks for the story.
Hayley Labarca View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayley Labarca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2004 at 6:00am

I love your storys about how animals can see ghosts... they are really interesting!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic